A Call for Future Meeting Sites
Bring the brightest minds and newest finds in paleontology to your city and institution – host an SVP annual meeting!
SVP is currently accepting proposals for annual meeting sites for 2011 and beyond. To get started, simply form a prospective host committee of no fewer than 2-3 members and submit a brief proposal (details below). The host committee will work closely with the SVP executive committee and business office on various aspects of the planning and execution of the meeting.
A brief (one-page) proposal letter, addressed to the SVP Executive Committee, should contain the following:
- Year(s) the proposal is good for (flexibility is very helpful)
- Venue proposed (city/town, province/state & country)
- Initial host committee members (two, at minimum, is enough to start) and their contact
- Institution(s)/organization(s) involved
- Any information that might be helpful in the evaluation of the site such as:
- New exhibits that might be opening prior to the proposed meeting
- Any events that will be happening simultaneous to the proposed meeting date
- New local infrastructures on the horizon such as an airport
- Local field trip areas of interest (a very general description only)
- Do NOT include: specifics about local hotels, facilities and convention center capacities and availabilities. SVP’s convention services team will do all of the specific hotel and site evaluations.
DEADLINE: Thursday, March 19, 2009.
The proposal letter should be addressed to the SVP Executive Committee and sent to: email@example.com
or faxed or mailed to:
The Society of Vertebrate Paleontology
111 Deer Lake Road, Suite 100
Deerfield, IL 60015 USA
Phone: +1 847 480 9095, extension 249
Fax: +1 847 480 9282
Questions? Contact the business office at the contact information above.
(Originally posted Jan. 14, 2009.)