Geobulletin alpha

News from the Geoblogosphere feed

by Stratigraphy.net
New from Snet: Lithologs, a new tool to create lithological/sedimentological logs online..

JAPV 24th Annual Meeting / XXIV Jornadas Argentinas de Paleontología de Vertebrados

Source info:

Author:
Date: 1970-01-01 01:00:00
Blog: SVP & Paleo News
URL: http://vertpaleo.org/news/permalinks/2009/03/11/JAPV-24th-Annual-Meeting--XXIV-Jornadas-Argentinas-de-Paleontologa-de-Vertebrados-

Summary:

JAPV 24th Annual Meeting XXIV Jornadas Argentinas de Paleontología de Vertebrados May 4-7, 2009 San Rafael Mendoza, Argentina To see more information click here to access to the Web page www.xxivjapv.com.ar After the Annual Meeting of the SVP and the Symposium of Comparative Anatomy and Vertebrate Paleontology (United Kingdom-France) in the northern Hemisphere, the JAPV is the oldest Annual Meeting of Vertebrate Paleontology. This meeting has been developed since 1984 in different universities and museums in Argentina. The total number of participants is around 200, 70% from different paleontological centers of Argentina, while the remaining 30% is from foreign countries. The meeting is like the SVP meeting, with oral sessions, poster session, symposia, plenary conferences, and field trips. The abstracts of the scientific communications and the plenary conferences will be published in the Supplement of the Ameghiniana (Argentinean Journal of Paleontology). Important dates: March 15 deadline for discount in the inscription payment March 30 deadline for abstract submission Symposia - ‘Molecules, fossils, and phylogenies’, Moderators: Dr. Ana María Báez and Dr. Diego Pol - ‘Vertebrate Paleobiology. Methodological approaches to form and function’, Moderators: Dr. Sergio Vizcaino and Dr. Susana Bargo - ‘Charles Darwin’s legacy to the Argentinean Paleontology’, Moderators: Dr. Teresa Manera de Bianco and Dr. Marcelo S. de la Fuente Conferences - Dr. Alberto Cione ‘The origin of South American marine and continental fishes’ - Dr. Jeffrey Wilson ‘Evolution of Sauropod Dinosaurs’ - Dr. Eduardo Tonni ‘The Quaternary in the Pampas Region and its mammal fauna: biostratigraphy and paleoenvironments’ Prize for the best student oral presentation Exhibits - First Meeting of Artists and Paleoartists Prize for the best paleoartist work

Content analysis:

Stratigraphic context:

Recognized stratigraphic terms [n]:Quaternary [1]
Agenames chronostratigraphy [rating]:Quaternary [0.1]
Cenozoic [0.1]
Phanerozoic [0.1]
Stratigraphy.net | Impressum
Ads: