SVP 70th Annual Meeting In 2010
– DATE AND VENUE CHANGE –
Now October 10 – October 13, 2010
Sunday Through Wednesday
We would like to notify you of a change of host hotel venue and sequence of dates for SVP's 70th Anniversary Meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
The new dates and venue for the 2010 annual meeting:
Venue: David L. Lawrence Convention Center & Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh (linked to each other by a skywalk)
Dates: starting Sunday, October 10, through Wednesday, October 13
This year the first day of sessions and the Welcome Reception will be held on Sunday, October 10.
The last day of sessions and the closing Awards Ceremony will be held Wednesday, October 13.
Field trips will be held before and after the meeting as usual.
The completion of an ongoing construction project at the Hilton Pittsburgh (the original venue) could not be guaranteed by the time of SVP's conference dates. We were fortunate to secure the David L. Lawrence Convention Center and the Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, though this necessitated the change in dates. The new location is well-suited to the needs of the SVP meeting; here are some highlights:
• The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh is honoring the originally contracted hotel rates of $149 single/double, $169 triple and $189 quad occupancy, and is connected to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center by a skywalk. Make your reservations now.
• Many of the planned social activities will be held at the Westin. See more about the Westin.
• All sessions will be held at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center within close proximity to each other. This ensures that the poster sessions and exhibits will be easily accessible and will enjoy optimum viewing space.
• The David L. Lawrence Convention Center is minutes away from the Cultural Trust (14 cultural facilities and public parks), a wide variety of restaurants and the Strip District (home to open air markets, coffee houses and night spots).
• The David L. Lawrence Convention Center is the world's largest LEED-certified 'green' building (learn more at: http://www.usgbc.org/).
The meeting circular will be available online this Spring. An E-mail will notify you when it has been posted.
This milestone 70th anniversary meeting promises exceptional educational sessions presented by the leading authorities in the field; we look forward to seeing you there. Mark your calendars!