PLEASE white list SVP’s new Email domain today to continue to receive emails!
IMPORTANT! SVP has a new email blast system.
Follow the instructions below to ensure you continue to receive important messages from SVP about SVP!
A white list is a list of email addresses or domains that you want to receive emails from. By adding an address or domain to your white list, you are telling the email system not to filter out emails from that address or domain. Follow the instructions below to add us to your white list to ensure that you receive our emails after you subscribe.
If you use a Web mail system or email application not listed below, the instructions for white listing our address will depend on the specific email program you are using. If you access the help files, instruction manual or customer support, there should be instructions on how to do this. In most cases, just by adding our From domain @vertpaleo.org, to your address book, safe list, white list or contact list will be sufficient.
If our emails are not getting to your inbox, then we suggest checking your spam folder, bulk folder or junk folder. If you find our emails, then you will need to find a way to inform your mail application that it is not spam. Most likely the course of action is to select our email and click on the Not Spam or Not Junk button, if available. For more information about your mail application, please visit the help section that is associated with your mail application.
You will need to add our “From” domain, @vertpaleo.com, to your AOL address book:
1. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
2. Wait for the “Address Book” window to pop up, then click the Add button.
3. Wait for the “Address Card for New Contact” window to load.
4. Once loaded, cut and paste @vertpaleo.com into the “Other E-Mail” field.
5. Make our From address the “Primary E-Mail” address by checking the associated check box.
6. Click the Save button.
Existing Subscribers: if you are already a subscriber but our email isn’t getting through, our e-mails may be in your AOL Spam Folder. Please use your web mail to check your Spam Folder. If our email is in your AOL Spam Folder, open our e-mail and click the “This Is Not Spam” button. Lastly, please add @vertpaleo.org onto your Address Book as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect our email into your inbox:
1. Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
2. Select Filters (bottom left corner).
3. Click the Add link on the Filters page.
4. Update the “From” header: rule with the following 2 pieces of information: “contains” and @ vertpaleo.org. This essentially allows the mail server to identify our e-mail based on the email From address.
5. Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select inbox.
6. Select the Add Filter button.
Existing Subscribers: if you are already a subscriber but our email isn’t getting through, check if the email is in your Yahoo Bulk Folder. If our email is there, open our email and click the “Not Spam” button. Next, check to see if the e-mail’s email address is in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If you see @vertpaleo.org on this list, select it and click the Remove Block button. Lastly, if you have not done so, please set up a filter as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
You will need to add our From domain, @vertpaleo.org, to your Hotmail Safe List:
1. Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
2. Go to the “Junk Email ” link
3. Select the “Safe and Blocked Senders” and click the “Safe Senders” link (2nd from bottom).
4. Copy and paste @vertpaleo.org into the dialog box titled “Sender or domain to mark as safe”.
5. Click the “Add to List” button next to the dialog box.
Existing Subscribers: if you are already a subscriber but our email isn’t getting through, make sure that the email is not being sent to your Junk E-Mail Folder. If our email is there, open the email and click the Not Junk button. Next, check to see if the email’s email address is in your Blocked Senders list. If you see @vertpaleo.org on this list, select it and click the Remove button. Finally, if you have not done so, add @vertpaleo.org into your Safe List as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
You will need to add a filter for our From domain, @vertpaleo.org:
1. Click Create a filter.
2. In the “Has the words:” field, enter @vertpaleo.org.
3. Press the “Next Step” button.
4. Check the “Star It” box.
5. Press the “Create Filter” button.
Existing Subscribers: if you are already a subscriber but our email isn’t getting through, make sure that the email has not been mistakenly marked as Spam: 1. Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
2. Check mark the box next to our email.
3. Click Not Spam button along the top.
You will need to add our From domain, @vertpaleo.org, to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book. Add our From address into your Personal Address Book:
1. Click the Address Book button.
2. Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
3. Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
4. Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our “From” address, @vertpaleo.org into the email dialog box.
5. Click OK.
White list your Personal Address Book:
1. From the main drop down menu, select “Tools -< Junk Mail Controls...”
2. This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
3. Under the Settings tab, update the “White Lists” by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull-down menu and then check mark the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”.
4. Click OK.
Existing Subscribers: initially, the automatic junk mail detection for incoming messages might not be very accurate and you should check your Junk folder to see our email have been mistakenly detected as junk. To prevent this from happening in the future, you need to mark our email as not junk. Do this by right-clicking on our e-mail and choose “Mark -< As Not Junk”.
Netscape Mail Web-Based email has no filters and spam protection. Therefore, you can enjoy our e-mail without do anything further, because it will not be mistakenly filtered.
You will need to add our From address, @vertpaleo.org, to your Safe Senders list:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk email.
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
4. In the Add address, copy and paste in our From domain, @vertpaleo.org
Existing Subscribers: if the Junk email Filter accidentally catches our email, you can simply add our From domain, @vertpaleo.org, to the Safe Senders list, and no future email from us will be inspected by the filter. The instructions are outlined above in our New Subscribers info above.
Society News and Events